City of Marion, Wisconsin 


Frequently Asked Questions

Does Marion have leaf collection?

No.  Compost items can be taken to the Municipal Garage at 615 Sherman Street on the east side.  Items can be taken there Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.  This is for City residents only!

What is the number to the Marion Post Office?


What are the telephone numbers of the High School, Middle School, and Elementary School? 

High School.......................715-754-5273

Middle School...................715-754-5273

Elementary School.............715-754-2511

Where do I pay my Real Estate Taxes?

The 1st Installment which is due on Janurary 31 of each year can be paid to the City Clerk-Treasurer Office at 217 N. Main Street PO Box 127, Marion WI 54950

All payments made after January 31 of each year shall be paid to the Waupaca County Treasurer, 811 Harding Street, Waupaca, WI  54981 or to the Shawano County Treasurer, 311 N. Main Street, Shawano, WI  54166 depending which county you live in.  Check the top of your tax bill for the county name.  

Do we have to license our dogs & cats every year?

Yes.  Dogs are required by state statute to be licensed every year by April 1st.  Cats are required by ordinance to be licensed.  The fee for licensing  spayed or neutered dogs and cats is $5.00. The fee for un-spayed or un-neutered dogs and cats is $10.00.  Licenses for the new year are available at the Clerk-Treasurer's office around the beginning of December.  A penalty of $5.00 is assessed to anyone who does not pay their license by April 1st.

Does the City have a place to drop off payments or information after business hours?

Yes.  There is a 24-hour drop box located to the right inside the double glass doors of City Hall.  Envelopes are provided if needed.  The drop box is checked daily.

Where do I register to vote or change my voter registration?

You can register to vote or change a registration at the City Hall located at 217 N. Main Street.

Where are elections held in the City?

Elections are held at the Marion Fire Hall - 128 W. Garfield Avenue.

 What types of activities require a permit?

New home or building construction, building alterations, earthmoving/grading, swimming pools, sheds, sign installation, roofing, siding, driveways, building demolition, security alarms, mechanical devices, and solicitation.

Who do I call to make a reservation for Lions Point?

You can call the City Hall at 715-754-2124.

When is the City-wide Rummage Sale?

The first Saturday in May.

Who collects my garbage and recyclables?

Harters Fox Valley Disposal W17620 County Q Wittenberg, WI 54499 (888) 804-8556

What day is garbage and recycling collected?

Wednesday is collection day for garbage & recyclables in the City.

How do I dispose of large bulky items?

Contact Harters Fox Valley Disposal at 888-804-8556 to make arrangements for pick up of large appliances such as stoves, washers, dryers, water heaters, furniture, refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners.


Waupaca County PTF

What types of items are recycled?

Glass bottles and jars, tin and aluminum cans, plastic containers #1 and #2, newspaper, magazines, junk mail and cardboard.

What day is brush collected?

Brush is collected on the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month.

Who do I call when I am having water or sewer problems?

Marion Water and Sewer provides public water in the City and can be reached by calling 715-754-2616.  If this is an emergency and unable to reach anyone, call the Marion Police Department at 715-754-5060.

Who do I call if my power goes out?

Alliant Energy (24 hour Emergency Service)


Which cable company services the City of Marion?

Charter Communication can be reached at 1-800-581-0081.

Where is the local library?

The Marion Public Library is located at 120 N. Main Street, Marion, WI  54950.  For hours of operation, call 715-754-5368.